Monday, April 29, 2013

Stop the presses!!!


As one of my dedicated readers has so swiftly brought to my attention. The New snatch record was broken in 2011 and the bar was raised to 214kg. The owner of this big lift is Behdad Salimi who is the former team mate of the previous record holder Hossein Rezazadeh. 

Needless to say, I like Mr. Rezazadeh performance alot better. I was generally more impressed with the last world record. I said it! When heavy weights get thrown around, I expect form to break down. I get it! Walk all around the plat form to save the lift, if you have too. It is generally more impressive of a lift thought, if they make it look like they are not trying. 


P.S. I want to know what in the hell Iran is doing with their athletes! Honestly, have I been living under a rock for so long that all the eastern European countries no longer kick ass and take names in weightlifting? 

countries that come to mind when thinking of weightlifting:
1. Russia
2. Lithuania
3.Germany (east Germany) 

honorable mention: Peoples republic of China.


No comments:

Post a Comment